MANGO COCONUT POPSICLES
A healthier, and naturally sweetened popsicle made with mango, coconut, pineapple juice, honey and a little mascarpone cheese. Mangoes, also known as the “king of fruits”, is one of the most popular and nutritionally rich fruits with a unique pine-like flavour, fragrant taste and colour, making it a “super fruit”. Mangoes are rich in pre-biotic dietary fibre, vitamins, minerals and poly-phenolic flavonoid antioxidant compounds (known to offer protection against certain cancers). Mangoes are an excellent source of Vitamin A, a good source of potassium, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C and Vitamin E.
- 4 c. (approx. 2 large) ripe mango, cubed
- ¾ c. unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 tbsp. honey
COCONUT MASCARPONE PUREE
- 1 ⅔ c. (400 ml can) unsweetened coconut milk
- ¼ c. Mascarpone fresh soft cheese
- 3 tbsp. honey
- In a blender or food processor, puree mango, pineapple juice and honey until smooth. Transfer mango puree to a pourable bowl or large measuring cup. Rinse blender with water.
- Add coconut milk, mascarpone cheese and honey to the blender, whir until well mixed.
- Pour a little mango puree into each popsicle mold (alternating purees in thirds, or half if your short on time). Freeze mango puree in freezer for 20 min.
- Remove mold from freezer, add a layer of coconut mascarpone puree to the partially frozen mango puree. Return mold to freezer for an additional 20 min.
- Remove mold from freezer, top off with remaining mango puree and add popsicle sticks to the mold.
- Return mold to freezer for 5-6 hrs. until fully set.
- To release frozen popsicles, run mold under warm water for 30-60 sec. than pull gently to remove.