PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
These cookies are gluten-free and made without added flour, refined sugar, sodium or hydrogenated oils. Coconut sugar is a rich unrefined natural sweetener that contains a fibre called Inulin. This makes it have a lower glycemic index than regular table sugar. Peanuts are a good source of Vitamin E, Niacin, Folate, Protein and Manganese. Peanuts, although seem like nuts are actually legumes and are also rich in antioxidants.
INGREDIENTS MAKES APPROX. 54 cookies using a small scoop
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 c. Organic Coconut Sugar (or substitute regular table sugar)
- 2 c. All Natural Peanut Butter
- 2 tsp. Natural Vanilla Extract
- Dark Chocolate Chips and Dry Roasted, Unsalted Peanuts (optional as garnish)
- Rice Flour (to dredge fork in to do a criss cross pattern on top of cookie dough)
- Preheat oven to 325 F
- Beat eggs and coconut sugar together for approx. 2 min. Add Vanilla.
- Fold peanut butter into egg mixture until well blended. Refrigerate mixture for 1-2 hrs. to allow to thicken.
- Using a scoop, fill to level and place on a lined cookie sheet. Use a fork that has been dipped in rice flour and form a criss cross pattern on top of each cookie. Top with chocolate chip or peanut.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until browned. Allow cookies to cool slightly than transfer to a cookie rack to cool completely.
- Store in an air tight container or freeze until ready to use.